Dundas County Hospice holds accreditation from Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO). Accreditation signifies a provincial benchmark for visiting hospice volunteer client services and day hospice services that ensures continued improvement in quality of service.
The goal of Visiting Home Hospice Volunteer Accreditation Program by HPCO is to ensure the delivery of consistent, high quality home based volunteer hospice palliative care throughout Ontario.
- Are timely and responsive
- Enable integration and continuity of care
- Acknowledge the desire of individuals to stay at home
- Illustrate the need to support informal caregivers
- Reflect commitment continuous improvement
- Demonstrate accountability and transparency
- Legitimizes the contribution of Visiting Volunteer Hospice